Atomic Wallet-a cryptocurrency Wallet came into existence in 2017 as an “Atomic Swap”. It is headquartered in Tallinn, Estonia. This wallet supports more than 500 cryptocurrencies. It is available in both desktop and mobile versions depending on the different operating systems – Android, Fedora, iOS, macOS, Windows, Ubuntu, and Debian. It is highly secured with the private keys which are encrypted on the user’s device.
The Wallet is designed keeping in mind the needs of both beginners and experienced crypto investors who are mainly looking for security and are interested in managing different asset portfolios. It provides 24*7 customer service that can be easily accessed by them via email, live chats, a help page, and the ticket system. It has come up with a cashback reward system wherein the customers are rewarded with cashback on every purchase or transaction made by them. The main goal behind introducing it is to encourage the transaction activities of their customers.
Characteristics of the Wallet
- Highly secured
- 24*7 customer service
- A platform to Buy, Swap, exchange, convert, and stake cryptocurrencies
- Cashback reward system
- Available in both desktop and mobile versions
- Supports diverse crypto including Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, etc.
Why use Atomic Wallet?
The wallet offers a variety of beneficial features, which attract customers to choose this wallet. Some of the advantages that the wallet offers are as follows:
- Compatibility: The wallet comes up with device compatibility depending upon the different OS. As mentioned earlier they are Android, Fedora, iOS, macOS, Windows, Ubuntu, and Debian.
- Easy to use: It offers a simple user interface to the customers, making it convenient for its investors – beginners and experienced.
- Buy crypto directly: It allows its users to directly make purchases of various cryptocurrencies by using their bank account. Some of the digital currencies that it offers are Ethereum, Bitcoin, and a few others.
- Security: To maintain security, private keys are encrypted and tied with the user’s device. This feature highly attracts customers who search for the best security option.
Limitations of the wallet
Having learned about the benefits of the wallet, now it’s time to know about its drawbacks. They include:
- Lack of hardware compatibility: This wallet fails to cope with the hardware and hence, it is not hardware compatible.
- Selected options available for purchase: As mentioned above, the cryptocurrencies can be purchased via a bank account, it comes up with offering a few purchase options. The currency options include only Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Ripple’s XRP.
Thus, in a nutshell, Atomic Wallet is a non–custodial software wallet that allows its users to buy, exchange, swap, or stake cryptocurrencies. The wallet charges a transaction fee/network fee depending upon the type of transactions made by the user. However, downloading and using the wallet for both desktop and mobile devices is completely free.