MetaMask is a wallet where you can store coins such as ETH and Binance chain-based tokens. This wallet is able to assure the security of your dumped assets in it. So, in this era, where scams, frauds, and cyber-crimes are evolving enormously, you can safeguard your assets by storing them in a well-encrypted digital cryptocurrency wallet- MetaMask.
Hold on! The functionalities of MetaMask are not just limited here. Yes! You can use the MetaMask sign in the platform as a bridge, using that you can transverse to explore the decentralized world and blockchain apps.
Well! If you are a MetaMask user, probably you’re well-versed in all the benefits and services of MetaMask. And, this post is specifically designated for MetaMask users, who are seeking a guide to reset passwords. So, let’s dive into the details without any more beating around the bush.
Ultimate guidance to MetaMask sign in the password reset
Here is the guide to restoring your MetaMask wallet, but before beginning, make sure that you have the secret recovery phrase that will be needed in further process.
For mobile users
- Open the MetaMask app and navigate to the menu by clicking on the hamburger icon.
- If your wallet is presently unlocked, lock the app by selecting “Lock” at the bottom of the sidebar menu.
- Hit “Reset Wallet” available on the unlocking page of MetaMask.
- Thenceforth, an "Are you sure you want to erase your wallet" pop-up will appear. Go through that message, locate "I understand, continue" and tap it.
- Now, you will see a pop-up, where you should type “Delete” and then “Delete my wallet”.
- You will be sent back to the setup screen where you can select “Import using Secret Recovery Phrase” after confirming.
- Now, use a simple method to import your wallet by entering the secret recovery phrase of your wallet.
After this, you will be able to access your wallet and the same data that you had in your previous MetaMask sign in account.
For browser extension users
- Initiate the process by clicking the “Accounts” favicon to open the menu.
- If your wallet is presently unlocked, please lock it by selecting “Lock” in the dropdown menu of your MetaMask sign in account.
- Click “Forgot password” as soon as you are in the Unlock view.
- In the text fields, type your 12-word Secret Recovery Phrase. Make sure to type every word in lowercase and in the proper sequence.
- Now, you’ll be asked to enter a new password to unlock your account.
- Input a new password in the designated field and to ensure that your password was entered successfully, retype it.
- After all, select "Restore" to finalize the process.
This way you will be able to attain access to your MetaMask sign in account and can avail of all the functionalities.
Sometimes you may lose access to your MetaMask sign in account, it might happen because of wrong login credentials which you might have forgotten or lost. So, in that case, MetaMask allows you to restore your wallet by using a secret recovery phrase.
So, if you are also having trouble while signing in to your MetaMask account, you can refer to this read and can restore your MetaMask wallet very easily.