The grade of Member (MIMMM) provides an individual with recognition for their professional experience, knowledge, and understanding in a technical discipline related to the Institute of Materials, Minerals Mining.
Generally, a Member (holding the MIMMM title) is expected to exercise independent judgment in practical experience and the application of engineering or environmental, or scientific principles. They will be innovative in technical subjects that are related to materials and natural resources in the below-listed items:
- You must have at least a bachelor’s degree; it can be a BEng, BSc, BTech, BSc(Eng), and so on. Or, it can be equivalent to RQF Level 6/SCQF Level 9/10 qualification in a related engineering, technology, science, or environmental subject.
- You need to have at least work experience of 4 years. This work experience can include the time you spent completing a Ph.D. or EngD.
Those who are without a bachelor’s degree or equivalent but have a significant amount of work experience may be considered for the Member grade on the basis of their work-based learning. You should contact the authority if you want to be considered by means of this pathway.
Otherwise, those without fulfilling these criteria may consider applying for the Associate (AIMMM) grade.
Having known about the eligibility criteria for the grade of MIMMM, now, you should know about the benefits that you will get after attaining this grade.
Besides the general benefits related to other grades, you will also enjoy the following benefits:
- It will allow you to use the post-nominal letters ‘MIMMM’.
- You will enjoy free entry to the Institute’s ‘Introduction to Professional Registration’ workshop.
- This membership will allow you to apply for Interim Professional Registration if looking to be eligible in due course to apply for recognition as a Chartered Engineer (CEng) or Incorporated Engineer (IEng) with the Engineering Council.
- As a Member, you will be able to have free entry to the Institute’s Professional Registration Workshop.
- The membership will allow you to get access to a Mentor to support your application to attain professional registration.
- You will get free entry to IOM3’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD) workshop.
- Through this membership, you will have free entry to the Institute’s Fellowship workshop.
- Achieving this grade will allow you to apply for a Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Professionally Qualified Person (PQP) card for which you will have to pass the related CITB Health and Safety and Environment Test or an approved alternative.
- You will be able to apply to be recognized with Minerals Reporting accreditation under the terms of the CRIRSCO templated Codes of Reporting, and you will be added to the Institute’s register, from which practitioner credential due diligence checks can be made by the public.